Follow these 10 commandments and have fun finding your perfect wedding rings.
After months are spent choosing that magical engagement ring, finding it’s life partner can sometimes take a backseat. Here are our top tips to help you find, afford and enjoy choosing your wedding rings.
1. Start researching early. It takes time and there is a lot to consider. By starting early you can gather inspiration, set realistic budgets and ease last minute stress.
2. Set a realistic budget right at the beginning. Weddings can get expensive and with many different choices comes many different prices. If you do your research on price early it means you don’t have to compromise on rings you love.
3. Don’t be intimidated by choice. It’s a matter of consideration and discovering what you like. Narrow your choices so you’re not overwhelmed. Start considering metal options, are matching bands for you, do you want diamonds or a more traditional style?
4. Don’t compromise on comfort, you don’t have to. Choose something that reflects your lifestyle. We always say it’s better to choose jewellery that will move with you in life’s adventures so that you can appreciate it everyday.
5. Become knowledgeable. Discuss with your jeweller all you need to know about wedding rings. The pros and cons of each metal and the difference between diamond settings are good places to start. This information will help you in your choice and you can learn a little along the way.
6. Choose something that reflects your individual style. Try not to follow fashion just for the sake of it. Don’t worry if you love a wedding ring that isn’t the recommended match to your engagement ring. Some distinction and individual style can go a long way.7. Don’t leave it to the last minute. The last thing you want before your big day is to worry over your wedding rings. Some rings can take up to 4 weeks to be made and a little longer if you opt for personalised engraving.
8. If you love it, it’s the right ring. It’s great to gather inspiration, consider the many factors and shop around but if you find a ring you love straight away it can be ‘the one’. Follow your instincts.
9. Choose a jeweller you trust. It’s important to find a jeweller that has a good selection of styles and brands. It is also important that the service and experience is fun and informative. Your jeweller is as much a part of this process as the two of you.
10. Have fun! It may be one of the few, if not the only jewellery experience that you and your fiancé will experience and wear together. These wedding bands are the constant of your wedding day and will remain with you both for a lifetime.
Contact us if you would like more advice on choosing your wedding rings.